Lead Property Accounting Clerk
Drummer Realty & Property Management is a family owned company that provides property owners with peace of mind their investments can be effortless and financially rewarding. We focus on providing the highest level of service to both our owners and tenants to ensure a positive and pleasant relationship .Our dynamic team is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Lead to our team in a permanent fulltime capacity.
Qualifications we are looking for:
· Highschool diploma or equivalent
· Post-secondary education in accounting
· 3+ years of relevant experience in a full cycle accounting ( Property accounting preferred but not required)
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Experience working with Yardi Voyager (not required but would be considered an asset)
· Highly detail-orientated and organized
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines
· Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily duties.
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Complete and or coordinate the work of accounting clerks who are responsible for accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), and general accounting transactions ensuring the timely and accurate completion of various accounting activities based on deadlines.
· Track, review and reconciliation of all property fund accounts providing monthly reports and resolving discrepancies.
· Calculate, maintain and post recurring transactions, mortgages, TIPPS, insurance, caretaking fees
· Process EFT payments, create and process preauthorize payments
· Adhering to CRA and internal policies, calculate and process non resident tax payments complete remittance, and provide professional correspondences to owners
· Oversee and lead preparation and completion of investors monthly Income Statements
· Provide support when needed to assist with completing internal company financials, (entries, AP, AR and monthly reporting).
· Professionally answering phone and email inquiries, providing accurate information regarding accounts
· Various other accounting related duties
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, please provide cover letter with available start date and salary expectations. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$27.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- full cycle accounting: 3 years (required)