Drummer Realty & Property Management is seeking a highly skilled Handyman to join our growing maintenance team. This challenging role requires a proactive, professional individual who is driven to exceed expectations and provide extensive client focus to the resident tenant experience. We are only considering candidates who can demonstrate past success in a similar role and who will be a professional addition to our team!
- Ensure preventative maintenance on the residential properties we manage.
- Troubleshoot tripped breakers, leaks and outages.
- Conduct general repair of a residential unit, included but not limited to doors, windows, decks, fences, roofs, installations, and general carpentry.
- Inspect interior/exterior of properties and report problem areas.
- Haul furniture and/or garbage items when required.
- Replace light fixtures, outlet covers, ceiling fans.
- Replace locks and latches on doors and windows.
- Paint, sand and plaster as required.
- Take care of vermin/insect infestations accordingly.
- Landscaping and grass/snow management if required.
- Maintain daily records of work performed.
- Report and receive work orders via computerized operating systems.
- Inventory mechanical/maintenance supplies.
- Assist management with all projects and other job duties as requested.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must possess strong carpentry skills, with knowledge of plumbing and electrical troubleshooting.
- Must own a reliable and appropriate vehicle; clean drivers abstract required.
- Must be comfortable using email and computer functions.
- Have solid interpersonal and excellent communication skills and be proficient in the English language.
- Good listener and able to convey information accurately.
- Reliable, highly organized, attentive to detail while being courteous, friendly, hardworking and professional.
- Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility.
- Extremely dependable and reliable; must be flexible to work during emergency situations.
Please email your resume via the website link. Calls and drop-ins will be politely declined. Thank you.